Review of Insomnia #1 by Bethany Bazile

00:43

Insomnia #1
By Bethany Bazile
Publication Date: 24 June 2014, 93 pages
Publisher: Kindle
Genre: Adult Fiction, Romance, Erotica
Format: Kindle
Source: Netgalley 
Note: Suitable for 18+ readers, due to explicit contain and language

Amazon UK / Amazon US


I was arrogant, pushy, controlling, and I was fine with that. What I couldn't control were my dreams. Memories haunted me there.
Even after over a decade, I found that I couldn't outrun them. Returning to the place they lived only seemed to trigger a landslide. I couldn't focus, couldn't sleep. Some people drank a warm cup of milk, cuddled up with a book, or threw back a couple shots.
Me?
I fucked my way to sleep.
Every single night I lost myself in pussy. For a long time it was the only way I knew to get to sleep. But lately it’s been getting less and less effective. I slept shorter periods of time before the dreams started.
There was only one hope for my insomnia and she was sexy, intelligent and unexpected. I wanted to exhaust myself in her sexy little body and let her soothe me to sleep.
The only problem… she was my therapist and I’d have to break her code of conduct and totally corrupt her before I made her mine.

Xander is use to getting what he wants from his career and his women. He uses sex as a way to forget about his problems but that can only work for so long. Xander normally calls Gabriella, his ex for her body but nothing else until she suggests he speak to someone. 
When Xander decides to meet with Dr Avery Shaw to talk about his problems, mainly his problems with women and his need to sleep with them just so he can sleep peacefully, he can't help be get drawn in by her, then again that maybe because he can't have her. Xander has had problems in his life, once a actor he is now a movie producer running from his past, one a secret that involved a member of his family, something that he can't forget, he thought coming back to California would help but life doesn't work like that, if anything it is even more complicated.
Dr Avery Shaw is a woman who stands for what she believes in but having a client like Xander challenges her in ways that she has never had before. But Avery has secrets, ones that she hides just like everyone else, so when she over steps her bounds and sleeps with her client, she knows that things will only get worse if Xander is involved and knows that it will not be long before her secrets are out in the open as well. 
Insomnia is a perfect first part of this amazing series that has secrets, lies, sex, passion and a shocking cliffhanger that will make you want to read the second part immediately.
If I had to sum this book up in three words, they would be Shocking, Passionate and Thrilling.

Another day, another book,

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe